Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happens in a FLASH!

Almost two weeks ago, our friend Heather Dillon provided us with the generous gift of photography, and she was able to capture Elliott's newborn image on camera before he turns into a chubster. Check out her website and the complete photo session. Chris baked her a delicious loaf of bread in return. A pretty sweet deal for us...

Here is my favorite photo as well as a couple of classic newborn shots:
Since weeks 2-3 of Elliott's young life were such an improvement over the hormonal/emotional swings and sleep deprivation of the first week, I did not realize how exhausted I still was. I remember getting dressed on the day of the photo shoot thinking, "I feel/look pretty darn good (for a woman who gets 2-6 hours of sleep every 24 hours)." Then, I saw this photo:
Holy crap, I look tired. Someone pointed out that Chris looks a little more alert than I do. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Well, we both look stupid-happy, so that's reassuring.

We look much better admiring the little guy:
And here, I'm not sure what I'm thinking. Perhaps it is, "hmm, I wonder if I will ever sleep more than 3 hours straight again..."
Anyhow, enough about that. Back to the star of the show, who is worth it all and more (and who has already learned how to strike a pose, the little genius):
Chris practicing for the classic, newborn on Daddy's arm shot:
And the result:As proof Elliott hates being on his back, he was so calm on his tummy and then only a few seconds later after a gentle turning over:
After that, he needed some calming/cuddling time with the parental units:
And because Elliott crying is both so heartbreaking and adorable:

Finally to round out the post, the weekly montage. Sleeping baby:

Thank you so much Heather for this gift. Everyone, check out her website!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously freaking A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. I hate to love the crying pictures, but I do! :) He's just so cute, its hard not to look at them and giggle! :D Did you get my message yesterday? This phone-tag game is lame! lol--one of these days, one of us will have to actually answer the phone! :D
    We miss you guys, and hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pun on your title :) and the pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete