Monday, May 30, 2011

Daddy time

I apologize to the few of you who have been checking for an update - it is a late post this week. Since this is about Elliott and his old man Chris, I was waiting to see if he would have the time to post (Chris, not Elliott). Chris is a better writer than me, but apparently someone has a job and has to work (or maybe play Diplomacy online). So, now I get to post and make fun of him. Haha!

Anyhow, this week marks another important milestone in the lives of Summer, Chris and Elliott - the introduction of the bottle! For the last two weeks Chris has regularly been hanging out with Elliott some time between 10 PM to 1 AM so I can get some sleep. At three weeks we tried the bottle, and Elliott has no nipple snobbery - he took it like a champ! Then, a few nights ago was the first night Chris prepared the bottle himself (a very complicated task of warming pumped breast milk) and fed/changed Elliott at 1AM. This will eventually enable me to sleep up to 5 hours straight, if I can manage to sleep through some crying. Woohoo! It also gives Chris the opportunity to bond with Elliott, and Chris described the experience as "strangely emotional." So sweet...

I do not have photos of Chris giving Elliott a bottle (because I was sleeping!!!!), but I do still have a weekly montage.

Working with Daddy (or maybe playing games):
Elliott definitely likes the computer screen:
One morning Chris showed me the following photo and said, "on second thought, maybe Elliott is too young for his first horror movie, Hellraiser."
That's right folks, this is what happens during Daddy time. Chris claims it was no worse than me watching an entire season of Glee with Elliott. The horror!Strolling around Greenlake:
Elliott was born with a beautiful head of hair, but he might be developing a bald spot there on the left. Just like his father! (although, his bald spot is on the right).And, Chris's bald spot:

That's all for this week. Elliott's grandma Kate and cousin Sarah are in town this week, so next week should have photos of Elliott showing them around Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. Summer, Elliot is so cute! I love the blog and it is good to see your adorable little family. Watch out, time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete